Tampa International Airport’s flamingo sculpture is finally finished.
Now let’s give it a name!
Tampa International Airport (Hillsborough County Aviation Authority) is holding a Name the Flamingo Contest and we want to hear your best ideas for our giant, pink bird. Use the form below to submit a name and a brief explanation of why you chose it or what the name means to you, along with your contact information. A selection committee made up of Airport and community members will select their favorite three names and then put those names up for a public vote and announce the winner on Friday, December 16, 2022!
Along with a lifelong special connection to TPA’s most iconic art piece, the winner gets four (4) roundtrip tickets from Silver Airways to and from any nonstop destinations the airline serves plus A VIP Experience package to Busch Gardens, including 4 single-day admission tickets, 4 All Day-Dining passes, 4 Quick Queue Unlimited passes, and preferred parking.
- To enter the Name the Flamingo Contest, Entrants must complete and submit to the Hillsborough County Aviation Authority an online entry form, which includes the Entrant’s name, email address and phone number at www.nametheflamingo.com. Entries may be submitted only via the online entry form. Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- Entries will be accepted beginning Tuesday, November 29, 2022, at 12:01 a.m. and conclude Tuesday, December 6, 2022, at noon. Entries received prior to or after the specified dates and times will not be considered and will not be entered into the Contest. Entries that do not contain all required elements will be disqualified and will not be considered for the Contest.
- Entrants and the winner must be a U.S. citizen and at least 18 years of age at time of Contest entry. Current employees of the Hillsborough County Aviation Authority, their immediate family members, and members of their household are not eligible to win the Contest.
- No purchase necessary to enter. Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- An internal evaluation team will vet all eligible entries. The committee will select three potential names. The three finalist names will be promoted through the Airport’s social media outlets (Twitter, Facebook & Instagram). Beginning Monday, December 12, 2022, followers and interested parties will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite name at www.nametheflamingo.com. The name selected will be revealed Friday, December 16, 2022.
- The winner will receive four (4) Direct, Nonstop, Round-Trip tickets between any two Silver Airways destinations. Travel must be booked and flown within one year from the date of issue. No blackout dates apply. Space is subject to availability. Winning vouchers cover the base fare only. Winners are responsible for taxes and fees, seat charges, added baggage, and all other travel expenses. Travel must be booked/ticketed at least 25 days prior to the travel date. Winners and companions must be able to travel on the same itinerary.
- The Contest winner will be notified by email or phone. If the winner does not respond to the notification within five business days, the provisional winner forfeits the prize and another winner will be selected.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-assignable, and not redeemable for cash.
- The Hillsborough County Aviation Authority reserves the right to not select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are submitted.
- The Hillsborough County Aviation Authority reserves the right to reject any name, in its sole discretion, or based on any programming or operational needs as determined by Hillsborough County Aviation Authority. All decisions regarding the name shall be at the sole discretion of Hillsborough County Aviation Authority and are final. The Hillsborough County Aviation Authority has no obligation to use or post an entry. Any entry that is deemed by the Hillsborough County Aviation Authority, in its sole discretion, to be offensive, obscene, profane, defamatory, not in keeping with the image of Tampa International Airport or the Hillsborough County Aviation Authority or in violation of these Terms and Conditions, including the submission requirements, will be disqualified.
- The Hillsborough County Aviation Authority and its Board members, directors, officers, employees, agents, and volunteers assume no responsibility or liability for (1) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or unintelligible entries; (2) telephone, electronic, hardware, or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties; (3) errors in transmission; (4) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Hillsborough County Aviation Authority that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (5) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest; or (6) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
- As a condition to participating in this Contest, Entrant hereby grants the Hillsborough County Aviation Authority, and any other entity authorized on its behalf, an unlimited, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, non-restrictive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, publicly perform, transmit, have distributed, prepare derivative works of, and promote such entry or name in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose and without consideration or compensation to the Entrant.
- As a condition to participating in this Contest, Entrant agrees:
- that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, or any prize awarded as a result of this Contest, shall be resolved individually and exclusively by arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association in Tampa, Florida;
- that all claims, judgments and awards resulting from any arbitration shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorney fees;
- that under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses as set forth above, and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased;
- that the Hillsborough Aviation Authority has permission to make public and otherwise use the Entrant’s name for publicity purposes and that personal data may be requested but is not required.
- that the entry or name will be made available for viewing, rating, reviewing, and commenting by the public and any privacy expectations with respect to the entry, name, and/or Entrant’s name are waived;
- that the Hillsborough County Aviation Authority reserves the right to establish additional or different Contest rules, as may be required by law;
- that the decisions of Hillsborough County Aviation Authority shall be final; and
- to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and that all federal, state and local laws apply.
- The Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Any inquiries or questions regarding this Contest, including any request for the name of the winner, may be sent by email to Communications Specialist, CJ Johnson, at cjohnson@TampaAirport.com or by mail to Hillsborough County Aviation Authority, P.O. Box 22287, Tampa, FL 33622.
Participation in this Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.