The Hillsborough County Aviation Authority is committed to guaranteeing opportunities for disadvantaged and minority-owned business to participate in airport contracts. Three programs support that initiative.
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program
In accordance with Federal Law, the Aviation Authority maintains a DBE program to ensure nondiscrimination in the award of USDOT-assisted contracts and create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete for those contracts.
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Policy and Program.pdf
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Certification Portal
Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program
This program ensures that DBEs have equal opportunity to receive and participate in concession-related contracts.
Woman and Minority-Owned Business Enterprise Program
This policy, created by the Aviation Authority, provides for Woman and Minority-Owned Businesses to have full and fair opportunities to compete for and participate in the performance of non-federally funded contracts or in the purchase of goods and services.
- Woman and Minority-Owned Business Enterprise Policy and Program.pdf
- Woman and Minority-Owned Business Enterprise Policy and Program FAQs
To become certified as a W/MBE and become eligible to participate in Authority-funded contracts, contact one of the following agencies:
- City of Tampa - Minority Business Development
- Hillsborough County - Minority Business Development
- State of Florida Department of Management Services - Office of Supplier Diversity (OSD)
Businesses certified as a DBE with the Florida Unified Certification Program are also eligible to participate.