Baggage Claim is on Level 1 of the Main Terminal and is divided into Red on the North side and Blue on the South side. Signage above escalators and elevators will tell you on which side your airline is located.
This level contains:
- All ground transportation, including taxi cabs, buses, limos and hotel shuttles
- Escalators and elevators to train station for Economy Parking and Rental Cars
- Public telephones
- Courtesy phones for local hotels and off-site rental cars as well as for passenger paging
- Bagport/luggage carts
- Skycap service
- You can’t proceed directly from the Red to the Blue side on this level. To cross over, take the elevator or escalator up to Level 2, then cross the lobby and take the elevator or stairs down to Level 1.
- Electronic signs over the escalators down to the Baggage Claim Level display the correct baggage claim belt for each incoming flight.
There are variety of ground transportation options between Tampa International Airport and surrounding destinations. Choose from various companies under public transportation, shared ride and taxis.
Traveler Advisory: Due to construction, all ground transportation is available on the west end of Baggage Claim.
- Red Baggage Claim: Pick up all ground transportation at the exit nearest to Baggage Belt #9
- Blue Baggage Claim: Pick up all ground transportation at the exit nearest to Baggage Belt #7
- If you’re traveling by taxi to downtown Tampa or the cruise port, there is a maximum flat-rate fee of $25 to either destination.
- SuperShuttle offers discounts for additional members of a group going to the same address.
If someone is picking you up, they can park and wait in the Cell Phone Waiting Lot until you've arrived and claimed your luggage, then proceed to the Main Terminal. The lot has restroom facilities, flight information and free WiFi.
If you'd rather they greet you inside the airport, have them park in the Short Term Garage.
- Parking under one hour is free in the Short Term Garage.
- Waiting for arrivals in the Cell Phone Waiting Lot is free, and so is the WiFi.