MISTAKES THAT COULD COST YOU
A mistake can cause your bid or proposal to be rejected. Stay in the running for the next contract opportunity by avoiding these common mistakes when responding to a solicitation:
- Delivering the bid/proposal after the deadline.
- The bid/proposal response form is not complete or has been altered.
- Assuming the Authority will not check information provided.
- Failing to provide information asked for in the "Minimum Qualifications" section of the solicitation.
- Failing to provide information about past experience working with the Authority.
- Assuming the Authority will know what you intended.
- Not raising questions regarding minimum specifications.
- Failing to include required insurance.
- Failing to include a proper bid bond or proposal guarantee.
- Proposing participation by an uncertified Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE), Airport Concession Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) or Woman and Minority Owned Business Enterprise (W/MBE) to meet a goal/expectancy.
- Submitting an incomplete Letter of Intent.
- Including exclusions or modifications.
- The price or cost proposal form is not complete or has been altered.
- Cutting and pasting without editing.
- Providing information that is not legible, too small or blurry.
- Failing to register with the Authority.
- Failing to acknowledge addenda.
- Failing to sign.
For more information regarding these common mistakes, download the PDF version.