Welcome to the Tampa International Airport Concessions Department
Airport shops, restaurants, rental cars and other non-aviation businesses are among the most important components of our airport customers’ travel experience. Concessions influence visitors’ overall impression of the Tampa Bay area as well as provide jobs for our residents and business opportunities for local enterprises.
Airport Concessions Redevelopment Program (ACRP)
If you are looking for business opportunity, you’ve come to the right place. As one of the world’s best airports, Tampa International Airport (TPA) is about to enter an exciting period of growth and development, with the expectation that the number of airport passengers will nearly double to 35 million over the next 20 years. We are in the process of planning a comprehensive Airport Concessions Redevelopment Program (ACRP) for food and beverage, retail, services and duty-free concessions. The ACRP implementation is anticipated to begin in 2015 and the end goal will be a more diverse and innovative assortment of shops and restaurants at TPA. The objectives of the ACRP are:
- Provide extraordinary customer service, quality and value
- Optimize revenue to the Aviation Authority and provide prosperity for all stakeholders
- Create a “sense of place” and capture the spirit of the Tampa Bay area
- Create opportunities for Airport Concessions Disadvantage Business Enterprises (ACDBE)
- Foster competition among concessionaires
Understanding Airport Operations – What you need to know
The airport is not a typical 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. environment. It is essential that you, as a potential concessionaire, educate yourself about the distinctions between operating a business in an airport environment versus mall or street locations and regulatory requirements that all airport businesses face. Businesses interested in learning more about the upcoming ACRP may do so by attending a series of workshops, open houses and networking events.
Registration is Required for all Future Opportunities
Register your business at the Aviation Authority's on-line Vendor Management System to receive notifications about workshops on concessions operations and basic business development. Registration helps ensure recruitment of diverse populations of firms specifically interested in airport concessions.
Benefits of Registration:
- Automated e-mail notification of contract opportunities based on your selected business categories
- Access to information on Aviation Authority solicitations that is available 24/7
- Increased search functionality for requests, addenda, plan holder lists and awards
- The ability to maintain your own profile as a new or existing vendor
If you have any questions or concerns regarding doing business with the Airport, please contact the appropriate individual below:
Procurement related matters, please contact Edward R. Haines, Director of Procurement at
(813) 870-8767 or by e-mail at EHaines@TampaAirport.com.
ACDBE, DBE, M/WBE related matters, please contact Elita McMillon, Director of Ethics, Diversity, and Compliance at (813) 801-6001 or by e-mail at EMcMillon@TampaAirport.com.
Concessions related matters, please contact Bhavesh A. Patel, Director of Airport Concessions at (813) 801-6029 or by e-mail at BPatel@tampaairport.com.
We thank you for your continued support and interest in working with Tampa International Airport.
Bhavesh A. Patel
Director of Concessions